It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with building repository database

yogesh arora (86102) | asked Nov 23 '08, 9:44 p.m.
By following the instructions mention at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzTalkWalkthrough and https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/HowToBuildRepositoryDatabase, I had developed a simple Jazz component which was very similar to the JazzTalk Example.

It was working fine. But to extend it i did some changed to the ecore model(which was earlier same as Jazztalk model). While creating the database for the new model using the AllTestsCreateDB test case, i am getting MultiException(stack at the end). I am not able to figure out what i have done wrong.

I thought i had might have not written the model correctly, so i reverted my changes to the earlier working model. But even for that model i am getting the same exception. I tried a couple of more thing but even that didnt help

1) Deleted the repostoryDb folder , and run the AllTestsCreateDB again. But the problem persisted

2) Extarcted the repostoryDb.zip which was present in the server folder, and run the test again. No progress here too.

Can someone help me out here.

org.mortbay.util.MultiException
at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.doStart(HttpServer.java:686)
at org.mortbay.util.Container.start(Container.java:72)
at com.ibm.team.server.embedded.jetty.Activator.start(Activator.java:165)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$2.run(BundleContextImpl.java:999)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:993)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:974)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:346)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:260)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:252)
at com.ibm.team.server.embedded.jetty.auth.ServerContainerProvider.startBundle(ServerContainerProvider.java:113)
at com.ibm.team.server.embedded.jetty.auth.ServerContainerProvider.startBundles(ServerContainerProvider.java:147)
at com.ibm.team.server.embedded.jetty.auth.ServerContainerProvider.start(ServerContainerProvider.java:103)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.TeamServerFactoryImpl.startLocalServer(TeamServerFactoryImpl.java:146)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.TeamServerFactoryImpl.newTeamServerFromURL(TeamServerFactoryImpl.java:181)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.TeamServerFactory.newTeamServerFromURL(TeamServerFactory.java:100)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.ServiceTestClientHelper.getTeamServer(ServiceTestClientHelper.java:113)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.ServiceTestClientHelper.getService(ServiceTestClientHelper.java:89)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.ServiceTestClientHelper.getService(ServiceTestClientHelper.java:100)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.ServiceTestClientHelper.getService(ServiceTestClientHelper.java:80)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.remotetests.RemoteServiceTestCaseHelper.run(RemoteServiceTestCaseHelper.java:69)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.tests.AbstractRemoteServiceTestCase.run(AbstractRemoteServiceTestCase.java:109)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:230)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:225)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:230)
at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:225)

6 answers

permanent link
yogesh arora (86102) | answered Nov 23 '08, 10:02 p.m.
Just to add

i am getting the same error for if i run the test given in JazzTalk example for creating database component

permanent link
yogesh arora (86102) | answered Nov 23 '08, 11:09 p.m.
i had to create the whole development environment again to make it work...
i created a new instance of of Jazz server/client and started working on it...then it worked

permanent link
yogesh arora (86102) | answered Dec 22 '08, 5:07 p.m.
inputs anyone

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jan 07 '09, 8:58 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Your last post in Nov was to say that you got it to work. Are you still
having problems?

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 22:07 +0000, yogesh.arora wrote:
inputs anyone

permanent link
yogesh arora (86102) | answered Jan 07 '09, 11:58 p.m.
i had faced similar problem thrice since then. Every time i have been getting different exception.And to solve the problem i always have to create the jazz server client setup again, which wastes a lot of time

So i was looking for some better solution

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jan 08 '09, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The exception you included in your original posting doesn't immediately
point to a particular problem. If you see different exceptions, don't
hesitate to post them to the forum so that we can try to figure out your
problem.

-
Matt Lavin
Jazz Server Team

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 05:07 +0000, yogesh.arora wrote:
i had faced similar problem thrice since then. Every time i have been
getting different exception.And to solve the problem i always have to
create the jazz server client setup again, which wastes a lot of time

So i was looking for some better solution

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.