It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

When configure workflow, how to add more group??

rui han (611) | asked Nov 18 '08, 5:07 p.m.
I am trying to configure a workflow. And I need to add more groups into the system. You know, by default there are "open", "in progress" and "close" as group; and when you create a new state you choose the group as well.
What I want is to add few additional group into the system, is there a way to do so? Please help me.

Thank you

2 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Nov 19 '08, 3:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
It is not possible to add groups. The groups where introduced to have a minimal set of information available across different workflows, such that e.g. a query for 'unresolved' work items would work independent of the underlying workflows.
Can you give examples for groups that are missing in your opinion?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
rui han (611) | answered Nov 19 '08, 12:36 p.m.
Hi
It is not possible to add groups. The groups where introduced to have a minimal set of information available across different workflows, such that e.g. a query for 'unresolved' work items would work independent of the underlying workflows.
Can you give examples for groups that are missing in your opinion?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

The reason I want to add more groups is for bug tracking, we want to have groups: "new" "open" "pending" "close" and "deferred". We usually search work items by status, just run a query fo "unresolved" is usually too broad. As you are saying, there is no way to add or configure the groups. What if I don't give states to a group, does it effect anything?

Thanks for your reply.

Henry

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.