It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] LPA Application-Internal license is missing

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Mar 03 '13, 6:47 a.m.
closed Sep 16 '13, 1:11 a.m.
Hi there,

I'm facing some problems with my Jazz environment.
E.g. I'm getting the following error message when finalizing application setup for /admin:

I noticed while looking at License Key Management of jts that the "LPA Application-Internal" license is missing:

I found this TN describing what to do when it's missing:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21618437
But this does not work for me.

Any other idea than to reinstall the Jazz Package?

Greetings,
Simon

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Mar 03 '13, 8:13 a.m.

Though after reinstalling the lpa license key is missing ...

How can I get this key information?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure about this issue. You also don't mention the server version, so I am assuming 4.0 from the screenshots. These licenses are shipped with the JTS package. So I assume they should be available. Could this be a deployment problem, where the deployment of the admin.war failed? I would try to redeploy that war file and make sure the configuration is correct.

Simon Eickel commented Mar 04 '13, 4:51 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

thanks for your answer. The server is CLM 4.0.1
The problem occured after a server rename ... the rename itself seems to be successfull but this internal license is missing.
Reinstalling the JTS package does not solve this problem.

Redeploying admin.war does not help, too.

Any further ideas?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 5:04 a.m.

Hi Simon, if this is an aftermath of a server rename, I would assume that the server rename did not succeed. I remember you asking other questions in this context. Could this be the result of the server rename leaving some URL's unchanged e.g. links to the LPA application? I can only point you to support. or a work item. I would also look in the server and application logs, if the 400 error shows other symptoms (and URL's) to narrow down what is wrong. For example, the license could well be there, but the URL used to connect is wrong or something similar.

Simon Eickel commented Mar 04 '13, 5:09 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

yes you're right, this is another thing from the rename as told in the other question.
The log of the rename (what was written on the screen) just said "everything successfull" so I thought that the rename finished as it should.

I have open a PMR sind days but nothing happens on there ... this is why I put this question in the forum in hope to get a solution.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 04 '13, 5:16 a.m.

Hi Simon, I am sorry that you have not been contacted by support yet. Please increase the urgency of your situation in the PMR to get attention. The rename logs should be in the server folder. I would carefully look into it, also the other logs.

Simon Eickel commented Mar 04 '13, 10:36 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

yes, I have a lot of error message in the other logs resulting of the rename - I told in the other question.
The rename log looks fine - no errors in it.

Urgency is increased an Christoph is on it.

Thanks for your help.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by eickel Sep 16 '13, 1:11 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Mar 04 '13, 7:06 a.m.
Hi Simon,
I found following post on jazz.net forum: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/82600/clm-4-adminsetup-failed-with-link-applications which refers me to https://jazz.net/forum/questions/82794/clm-4-on-linux-with-reverse-proxy-server-as-public-uri-pain-missing-internal-licenses-and-crjca0003e-error-for-link-applications which suggests following solution:

It seems that the reverse proxy server was the one causing the problem. It went through several runs of CLM V4 setup with different proxy servers in the past. 

The reverse proxy server is now recreated after the IBM HTTPs server and Web Server Plugins were completely removed and reinstalled. The CLM setup now went through to the end and the sample CLM project was also successfully created.

Ralph, do you think that there is the same issue?

Simon Eickel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 10 '13, 2:56 a.m.

Good catch Krzysztof!