It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the context aware search engine doesn't find any source files

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Feb 22 '13, 9:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 When using the context aware engine, searching for a string that is known to exist in the code base, nothing is found.  Why isn't the context engine working for me?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Feb 22 '13, 9:32 a.m.
 First check your engine configuration and make sure that the files are getting indexed.  Under the status tab of the engine configuration you should see that the number of documents should not be zero.  If it is zero, there is a possibility that there is a JRE problem.  The context engine requires that a IBM JDK is used, if a SUN JDK is used it is possible that it will not be able to properly index the files.  So if the number of documents indexed is zero, make sure that the context engine is running on the IBM JDK.  The number of documents should be non-zero after the next indexing.

~Spencer
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 15 '13, 3:09 p.m.
edited Mar 15 '13, 3:09 p.m.
where is this configuration?

status tab of the engine configuration?

one of our teams needs to search source code, but I can't find any function like this

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Mar 15 '13, 3:26 p.m.
  Context Aware Search Configuration

The help has how to use Context Aware Search under "Using the context-aware search".

~Spencer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 16 '13, 9:19 a.m.
edited Mar 16 '13, 3:19 p.m.
Thx.. appears we don't have that installed.

On edit: yes this is an optional feature, which provides function only to users with Enterprise user license,
and mainframe source code..  I was able to install/config on my 4.0.1 sandbox (with the trial enterprise license user license),, but no source to access..

thanks for the graphic it really helped

Sam

Comments
Josh Crawford commented May 09 '13, 8:37 p.m.

Hi Sam,  there's also an enhancement open to use the  eclipse file search without having to load it into your workspace.  RTC file search capability for non-loaded resources (252728).  This won't be able to go into the source files like context-aware though.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.