It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error in ClearQuest synchronization

Namit Pande (6311319) | asked Feb 19 '13, 3:23 p.m.
edited Feb 19 '13, 3:57 p.m.

Hello,

I am trying to get the synchronizer going from RTC to CQ. I have configured the synchronizer and finalized a test synchronization rule with just few mandatory fields. When I attempted to synchronize the work items (defect), I ran into the following issue. Anyone knows what to do to fix this?

Thanks.

-Namit

Outgoing at 2/19/13 2:29:16 PM EST
Error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Unable to create record because of CQ errors:
CQ Error - Reason:
CRVAP0029E A resource cannot be created at the target location 'cq.user:@DBConn' because a resource already exists at that location.
Caught a CQException at the JNI Boundary:
\bugbert.src\cqobjectmodel\cqadminsession.cpp: line 135-CRMMD1242E Permission denied.  This operation can only be performed by a user with User Maintenance privileges.

com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Unable to create record because of CQ errors:
CQ Error - Reason:
CRVAP0029E A resource cannot be created at the target location 'cq.user:@Test' because a resource already exists at that location.
\bugbert.src\cqobjectmodel\cqadminsession.cpp: line 135-CRMMD1242E Permission denied.  This operation can only be performed by a user with User Maintenance privileges.

Comments
Namit Pande commented Feb 25 '13, 4:46 p.m.

Guys,

I have made good progress in communication back and forth between the tools and I am able to see the Item Value. But I am having a strange issue. Filed Against field is mapped to doh_SystemName and has a value as Sync_Project (Change Management). But somehow the value is magically converted and looks different (see attached).

Then I receive the following error:

Error occurred:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: The "_VwndpFsoEeKgYLyV5IMDUA" value of the "Category" property in the com.ibm.rational.clearquest.Defect.Sync_Project (Change Management) synchronization rule cannot be synchronized. 

Any suggestion you could provide is highly appreciated. Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 26 '13, 2:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You need to set up a mapping for the category or a reasonable default in RTC if there is none. There are special attribute mappings available for categories in the RTC Sync Engine.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 20 '13, 2:52 a.m.
Hi Namit,

I would look if there are issues with permissions for the user that is used in the synchronizer.

Caught a CQException at the JNI Boundary: \bugbert.src\cqobjectmodel\cqadminsession.cpp: line 135-CRMMD1242E Permission denied. This operation can only be performed by a user with User Maintenance privileges.

Comments
Namit Pande commented Feb 20 '13, 10:12 a.m.

Thanks Ralph for your suggestion. I have since bumped the CQ user permissions to have super user privileges and I receive a new error now:
Error occurred:
java.lang.RuntimeException: com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: Unable to create record because of CQ errors:
CQ Error - Reason:
CRVAP0029E A resource cannot be created at the target location 'cq.user:@DBConn' because a resource already exists at that location.
\bugbert.src\cqobjectmodel\cqadminsession.cpp: line 135-CRMCU0042E The string value (empty string) is invalid:
CRMCU0035E The name's length (0) is outside the permitted range of 1 through 30 bytes.
Also I have been seeing an error repeated several times in the tomcat server startup window for CQ gateway after attempting the sync:
20 Feb 2013 09:54:54,561 [http-bio-8081-exec-3]  WARN com.ibm.rational.interop.level1                     - CRRTC4640W: It is not possible to revert a CqUser object

Namit Pande commented Feb 20 '13, 10:43 a.m.

Also I am getting 404 - The requested resource (/InteropGateway) is not available when tried to access:

http://dit00vappbpm92.doh.ad.state.fl.us:8081/InteropGateway

Shouldn't there be a different response? Thanks.

Matthew Alexander commented Feb 20 '13, 2:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Regarding the 404 error, to view the gateway status page, place the URL of your external repository connection in a browser.  It is usually in this format:

http://[hostname]:8081/cqconnector/gateway

Namit Pande commented Feb 20 '13, 4:19 p.m.

My gateway is responding well, no wonder as I am getting all the errors back.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 20 '13, 10:37 a.m.
edited Feb 20 '13, 10:38 a.m.
(new answer because comment is too limited here)

Namit,

please read the error messages thoroughly. They provide valuable information (although I agree they could be clearer). You should read through the whole text, especially if it is related to systems cooperating. In this case:
\bugbert.src\cqobjectmodel\cqadminsession.cpp: line 135-CRMCU0042E The string value (empty string) is invalid: CRMCU0035E The name's length (0) is outside the permitted range of 1 through 30 bytes.
Hints that the synchronizer tries to create an object that does not conform to the rules. I would assume that the synchronization rules are not set up correctly. I am not sure what the other error means.

In general from my experience setting up the synchronizers is not trivial. You have to map two schemas and if you want workflows, also two workflows. I especially found it hard to understand how to set up the synchronization rules.

In addition the systems have some expectations, for example if there is a user in CQ, you need a user with that ID in RTC to sync his name in. Even if the user left 2 years ago. So you have to create these users (that was the case some years ago anyway). They don't need a license and they can also be archived, I think. But they have to exist.

You have to try synching a few items first and watch the process for errors, find the reason, fix them and retry several times. And this is in both directions.

This is a process, where the forum can only provide limited help.

Comments
Matthew Alexander commented Feb 20 '13, 2:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To add on Ralph's answer...

The CQ Synchronizer is not able to create users in CQ.  So, if a user exists in Jazz but does not exist in CQ, you will see synchronization errors.  To fix and prevent this, make sure all of your Jazz users that will touch records to be synchronized are also in your CQ database.

Also, the CQ "Login" and "Name" field need to match the values of the Jazz "UserId" and "Name" fields.  Since the "EmailAddress" field is required in Jazz, there needs to also be a matching email address in CQ.

There is a sample sync rule for users that is provided with the CQ Synchronizer which may help.  You can find it in the ClearQuestSynchronizer/gateway/sample/syncrules directory.

Namit Pande commented Feb 20 '13, 4:21 p.m.

Thanks Ralph and Matthew for your valuable inputs. Ralph, you are right I will need to weed out the small issues before I can get it all clean and workable. Matthew, I am following the sync tutorial and will look into the sample as well as you mentioned.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.