It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Results layout in queries, define available columns

Israel Palomino Garcia (1313) | asked Feb 19 '13, 11:15 a.m.
Where is it possible to define the available columns for the results layout of a query?

For instance, I have a column that I'd like to delete since is a duplicate of a valid column. I've seen the question but not the answer.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Feb 21 '13, 2:08 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no way to get rid of an attribute once it gets created, so you will always end up seeing it in those lists.  One thing that you CAN do is to rename the attribute, to make it more apparent that it is no longer used by the work items in question.  We had one that might have been, "Contact", and we just renamed it to "ZZZ-Contact".   That got it out of the middle of the lists, and put it at the bottom alphabetically, and it made it clear that the field was no longer used.
Israel Palomino Garcia selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Daniel Toczala (88211514) | answered Feb 19 '13, 1:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to edit your query.  In the Eclipse client, right click on your query and choose Edit, then you would change things on the Results Layout tab.  Choose the columns that you want to see.  In the web client, click on the small pencil, and when you edit the query click on the Results Layout link, and change the fields that you want to see.

permanent link
Israel Palomino Garcia (1313) | answered Feb 19 '13, 1:57 p.m.
 Thanks Daniel, I already know to create a query and define the layout result, what I mean is more complex:

I have the list of available columns in the result layout, but, how I can delete one of these columns which is not correct? Where is stored the data that is going to be loaded in this list of columns?

I have two columns with the same name, one is valid, the other one not, I want to delete the incorrect column in order to avoid confusions all the time that I want to create a query and list the correct column.

Is not a big problem, but is bothering all the time.

permanent link
Israel Palomino Garcia (1313) | answered Feb 25 '13, 8:00 a.m.
Daniel,

I'd like to implement your idea, it will help. Where is it possible to rename the attribute?

Thanks in advance.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Feb 25 '13, 8:26 a.m.

in the process configuration for that project, select Edit for that Attribute and change the name... we do both Z in the of the name and add -deprecated to the back

permanent link
Israel Palomino Garcia (1313) | answered Feb 25 '13, 8:37 a.m.
I'm looking in the Process Configuration --> Work Items --> Types and attributes, I select PRODBug as WI type but there is only one of the two attributes, the other attribute with the same name doesn't appear here.

I've searched for this attribute in other WI types but no way.

permanent link
Israel Palomino Garcia (1313) | answered Feb 25 '13, 9:32 a.m.
edited Feb 25 '13, 9:34 a.m.
It seems a bug in RTC but registered as an enhancement planned for 4.0:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=118438

Where I work we are currently using 3.0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.