It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Saving queries in process template and sharing between project areas

nicolas teulier (821813) | asked Jul 17 '14, 8:53 p.m.
Hi,

In RTC 4.0.6, I've created a set of predefined queries in a project area.
Several project areas have the same process (process sharing is not activated though, they're only created with the same template).

Now, I want to:
1-Include these predefined queries in my process template so new projects created with this template will have the queries
2-Copy the queries from this project area to the other project areas having the same process

For the first point, I've tried the classic "Export Process Template", imported the process template and created a new project area based on this template... I have the default RTC shared queries, not the ones I've created and shared.

For the second point, I've not found any option to do so in the Web Interface.
I'm not using the Eclipse client so far.

Is there a simple solution to my problems?

Thanks,
Ncio

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Jul 17 '14, 9:18 p.m.
1. You will have to create a new template from the project with them defined there.
2. You could cut/paste the query XML from the process config and paste it into the new projects

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
nicolas teulier (821813) | answered Jul 17 '14, 10:21 p.m.
Hi Sam,

I had to install the Eclipse client to do so but thanks to your leads, I've been able to do (I would not say without pain :))

Thanks!

Comments
sam detweiler commented Jul 17 '14, 10:45 p.m.

Sorry for not answering your question on the ui. Yes eclipse is the only way so far. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.