It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

QM 4.0.1 on Linux: automated RFT test case does not run via RFT adapter on Windows

Frank Ning (50025119133) | asked Feb 08 '13, 1:31 a.m.
retagged Mar 05 '13, 2:24 p.m. by Tory Jaskoviak (52015)

Hello,

My JTS/QM server is on Linux. The RFT is installed on Windows. The "Simple" project is created on Windows which includes a simple recorded test case. The project top folder is mounted on Linux which is used to create the shared resource within the QM project. A RFT test script is created from the shared resource and the script is associated with a test case. When I ran the test case, it simply hangs (at 10% completion) with the following on the RFT adapter console:

01:00:14:263 AM Starting Adapter
01:00:14:516 AM Login to https://10.69.1.153/qm   <Project Area: = JKE Banking 2 (Quality Management)>
01:02:04:345 AM Execution request: /rftproj\Simple/Order.testsuite received

If I let the adapter connect to my QM 4 server on Windows, the same RFT recorded script can be successfully run.

It looks like the RFT adapter on Windows does not know what to do with "/rftproj\Simple/Order.testsuite" where "/rftproj" is the shared resource defined on QM on Linux.  It is mounted on the Linux server from the Windows's share.

How may I fix the above issue so that the test case can be run?

Thanks and regards

Frank

Comments
Frank Ning commented Feb 16 '13, 3:20 a.m.

The RFT adapter console provided the message "projectnotfound" which confused me since the adapter did get connected to the project in RQM. It possibly meant the RFT project?

How come RFT adapter used the path "/rftproj\Simple/Order.testsuite"  instead of "/rftproj/Simple/Order.testsuite" ? Is this the cause of the issue?

I did not specify / in front of "Simple" and thus it must be RFT adapter which assumes Windows path and adds "\" instead of "/" before the RFT project name "Simple"?

One answer

permanent link
Frank Ning (50025119133) | answered Apr 24 '13, 10:00 p.m.
The hotfix was obtained via PMR "77033,057,649" for CLM 4.0.2 and the issue is resolved.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.