It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to be editable an html required field ?

Andrea Queralt (1348) | asked Feb 04 '13, 12:03 p.m.

On creation wi mode, there are some required html fields but some of them are editable and some of them aren't.

How can we do to be able them editable on creation mode ? We need that all of them has the SAME behaivor.

Thanks.

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Feb 04 '13, 12:17 p.m.

Do you mean, some HTML fields are opened in EDIT mode  and others on the same Tab are opened in PREVIEW Mode?

That's what we also see, specially if you have multiple HTML fields in same section. 

Andrea Queralt commented Feb 04 '13, 1:16 p.m. | edited Feb 04 '13, 8:01 p.m.

Yes. We need to have the same behaivor for all the required html fields, or, at least, we need that the first one is editable. Do you know how to do it ?

Millard Ellingsworth commented Feb 05 '13, 12:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I added several HTML fields to a work item and all I can do is confirm that there is an issue. When the tab opens, some or all of them are in Edit mode, then close down one by one until only one remains open (sometimes the last, sometimes the first, seems to depend on the browser). And when I click to edit on a "Preview" one, the one that was open for edit changes to "Preview".

I'm guessing this has something to do with our Rich Text Edit control implementation. Going to try and conference someone else in who would know for sure.

One answer

permanent link
Lawrence Smith (3764) | answered Feb 05 '13, 1:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello. This is working as designed. At the time the Rich Text editor was implemented using the dojo rich text part, there were several issues that would appear when more than one editor was presented on the screen, including memory problems and slow page responsiveness as all the editors load. The root problem is the dojo rich text widget uses an iFrame. One fix would be to use a different rich text widget, and some exploration work has been done to demonstrate that this is feasible, which it is. However, this enhancement is currently not in plan.

I recommend you open an RFE which will give this issue more weight when the next iteration is planned.

A workaround may be to use String attributes with non-rich text presentation, although this is limiting.

Regards,
Larry Smith
[IBM RTC Development]

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.