It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do query widgets load multiple sets of query links after login from expired session?

Andrew Codrington (17733135) | asked Jan 24 '13, 10:31 a.m.
Jazz 3.0.1.4

Steps:
- Login
- Load a dashboard in Firefox (3.6.23) which includes at least one query widget (the one that shows links to queries you select, not the one that performs the query and shows artifacts) with at least one query link
- let the login session expire (often overnight)
- login again

Expected result:
- Dashboard re-loads normally

Actual result:
- Dashboard loads normally, other than the query widget which loads multiple copies of the query links and scrolls off the page.

It does eventually stop loading more copies of the query links. I would guess that I'm seeing one copy of the query links for each auto refresh of the dashboard after the login session expires.

I tried searching for an existing defect but didn't find anything - to be more accurate I found lots but nothing that looked similar. I'm happy to open a ticket if this isn't a known issue.

Comments
Curtis d'Entremont commented Jan 25 '13, 9:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you specify which query widget you're using and from which product? Is this the Work Item Queries widget from Rational Team Concert?

Andrew Codrington commented Jan 25 '13, 10:33 a.m.

Yes, they were "Work Item Queries" widgets from the CCM Catalog.
There is no 'About This Widget' info once they're dropped on the dashboard so that's based on memory, not any explicit check.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Jan 25 '13, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I found an existing defect report for this:
[Work Item Queries Viewlet]: Repeated work item queries appear in the content area after re-logging in (204084)

Let's track the issue there, it's a defect.
Andrew Codrington selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andrew Codrington commented Jan 25 '13, 12:47 p.m.

Nailed it. Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.