It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Programmatically get Pending Changes List of files changed?

Joseph Mathesius (111) | asked Jan 22 '13, 5:03 p.m.
We currently use Visual Studio for our main development environment.   Is there a way to access the contents of the Pending Changes window programmatically?    We're trying to get a list of the files changed + file paths.   I checked out the various REST services that are available but couldn't find a solution that would help.   Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area.   

2 answers

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered Jan 23 '13, 3:26 a.m.
You can do it using the plain API. You have to access to the sandbox and then use the method ILocalChangeManager.getPendingChanges. It is not an easy way, you have to know plain api quite well in order to do it.

Comments
Joseph Mathesius commented Jan 23 '13, 10:24 a.m.

I'm using .Net Languages so I don't think I can call the API.    There are third party tools that allow you to call a Java API from .Net but that requires the use of a third party tool.   ugh...    That getPendingChanges looks like the ticket so If there's another way to access that data I'd be all set!  :)

permanent link
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross (1.1k4458) | answered Jan 23 '13, 3:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might be interested in Enhancement 203315.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.