It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How software development processes could be integrated with a asset management system?

Wim Vanmechelen (111) | asked Oct 29 '12, 5:44 a.m.
I would like to know of a asset management system such as Maximo could be integrated with Rational Team Concert on Jazz.

Comments
Anthony Kesterton commented Oct 29 '12, 6:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Wim

This could be along answer :-) but let's find out how you plan to use Maximo.  Maximo is a general asset management system - with everything from physical assets down to software applications. so what assets are you thinking of managing? 

Once you have a clear idea of what assets you are working with - the next questions is what are you using RTC for?  I can imagine situations where RTC is consuming assets from Maxino (because it is managing libraries, etc) and where the outputs from RTC (completed/tested builds ready for production) are then entered into Maximo as an asset.

So really this is potentially a big question with lots of possible answers.

anthony

Wim Vanmechelen commented Oct 29 '12, 6:33 a.m.

Hi Anthony,

thanks already for your quick reply. They will use out of my comprehension Maximo for asset- & incident management, request fulfillment and RTC more for software development processes.

Wim

Wim Vanmechelen commented Oct 29 '12, 6:34 a.m.

They just want to avoid to do copy & paste actions out of Maximo and work back and forward from one tool to another

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.