It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I setup RTC with LDAP and create non-LDAP users?

Michael Thai (1124) | asked Sep 14 '12, 4:09 p.m.
retagged Sep 15 '12, 12:01 p.m. by Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623)
Our internal team and external client team both need access to RTC.  Can I setup RTC with our internal LDAP and create users outside of LDAP but inside RTC for client access?

Comments
Bo Chulindra commented Sep 25 '12, 5:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I believe that if you set up RTC with LDAP, then authentication will be done using the LDAP. If you then create users that are not in your LDAP, they will not be able to log in since LDAP will not be able to authenticate them.

@balajik: does that sound about right?

One answer

permanent link
Christophe Elek (2.9k13021) | answered Oct 12 '12, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Michael, you can create any user you want in the repository. The issue is that the Application Server is doing the Authentication and passing the userid to Jazz. So we need the application server (Tomcat or WebSphere) to authenticate both group. For that I recommend Federated User Registries in WebSphere. This allow the authentication to work with 2 user registries (your LDAP for internal users and the 'other' registry for external users)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.