It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does restart job reload the build script?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Sep 07 '12, 5:34 p.m.
Hi

I feel debug in BF is very very low efficiency, when I have to run the project again and again. Please let me know if there is anyway to debug without running the BF project. It's just too slow.

One question: most of time, when it fails in a step, I want to re-run the step after changing something. e.g. I have a master script which each BF step is just calling one of its function. When I restart a job, will BF re-load the build script?

Thanks
Jirong

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Sep 12 '12, 10:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 12 '12, 10:52 a.m.
Hi Jirong,

I guess your script is located somewhere in the file system and referenced from the command or an env variable: yes the script will be called for the restarted step and if you have modified the script it will pick up the changes.

Note that restarting a job relaunches it with same tag and, by default, same environment variable values.

Regards,

Jorge.
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jirong Hu commented Feb 22 '13, 9:52 a.m.

If I change the command in the failed step? Will the restart job use the new command?

Spencer Murata commented Feb 22 '13, 11:27 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, the restart will use the new step command. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.