It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I check status of a remote repository workspace

Stuart Brown (33109) | asked Aug 28 '12, 5:21 a.m.
edited Aug 28 '12, 6:54 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Im trying to create a script that will show me if a repsoitory workspace in RTC  has changes to accept without loading the workspace locally. Ive looked at scm status but this appears to only work on a local workspace
Any sugestions greatly appreciate as ever
Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel martin (10122926) | answered Sep 05 '12, 10:07 a.m.
 If it can't be done through the scm cli, how about the java api?  If you can have a workspace in pending changes there must be a way behind the scenes to know when changes need to be accepted into the workspace.

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Sep 06 '12, 4:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can compare your workspace to a stream by calling IWorkspaceConnection.compareTo(...) which returns IChangeHistorySyncReport. IChangeHistorySyncReport methods will give you incoming/outgoing change sets/baselines.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Aug 30 '12, 12:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, there isn't a way to check the status of a remote workspace/stream in SCM CLI.
I have opened an enhancement to track this functionality... https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=229419

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.