It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DB2 Data Definition Language (DDL) for Jazz RTC

Kevin Cool (1244) | asked Aug 27 '12, 4:30 p.m.
I'm working with a customer who needs to know specifics around the DDL used by BD2 and Jazz RTC.  Is this information handy or available?  My search of the documentation itself doesn't yield this specific info.

Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Aug 28 '12, 7:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

this information is not documented for external usage as far as I know. The customer should really not have to touch the database at all. All access should be done through the API and the repotools or the server. You can of course look at the database and visualize the schema using the right tools. However, it is not guaranteed that the schema will not change over time. For data access use the OSLC, REST or Java API or the reporting capabilities.

If you still think you need more information you could try to get in contact with support.

permanent link
Kevin Cool (1244) | answered Aug 28 '12, 7:50 a.m.
 Thanks for the reply Ralph.  It's much appreciated.  I'll explore this and if there's still a hard requirement for that data then I'll explore with support channels.

Many thanks again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.