It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a checkbox custom attribute to a custom workitem

Aydin Suren (1687) | asked Sep 12 '08, 1:25 p.m.
I am trying to add a custom checkbox selection attribute for a custom workitem.

For example, a color selection with 3 choices and user can select zero to many colors.

Color: [] Greeg
[] Yellow
[] Red

(Note that "[]" meant for displaying a checkbox)

To do this, I created a enumeration called "my.enum.color" with Green, Yellow and Red options in process configuration. Then, created a my custom type in "Type and Attributes" called "my.workitemType.myType: My Type" and added the "my.enum.color" as a custom attribute. Then, created a custom editor presentation called "my.workitem.myWorkitem" and added an Overview section and tried to add my Color checkbox selection into the overview page with "Color (Checkbox Multi-Select List) using Add Presentation button.

When I did this and test it, all I see is (checked by default and can not be unchecked):

Color: my.enum.color.literal.l]

My attempt might have been totally wrong from the start. I can not find any good documentation at jazz.net to tell me how to use "Checkbox Multi-Select List" (already read Work Item Customization).

Can someone explain how to create a multiselect checkbox step by step please. Thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
Philippe Krief (561155) | answered Sep 16 '08, 8:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Aydin,
To obtain such presentation result you need to complete your Checkbox Multi-Select List adding a property to your presentation.
Actually, the document https://jazz.net/learn/LearnItem.jsp?href=content/docs/work-items-cust/workitem-editor-presentations.html says:
Some presentations can be further configured with properties:
* readonly: ...
* hideIfEmpty: ...
* quickinformationConfiguration: ...
* enumeration: the value is the type ID of an enumeration. This property is only applicable for the 'Multi-Select List' and 'Checkbox Multi-Select List' presentation kinds, where the attribute is of type string, but the set of possible values is taken from an enumeration.

In your example, add a new property with:
* the Key = enumeration
* the Value = my.enum.color

I hope it will help.

Kind regards
Philippe Krief
Jazz Jumpstart Team

permanent link
Aydin Suren (1687) | answered Sep 16 '08, 9:15 a.m.
Philippe,

This works. Thank you so much for your help!

Aydin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.