It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do I occasionally get "CRJAZ1316I illegal access" when I try to create a work item?

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Jun 27 '12, 1:02 p.m.
edited Jul 03 '12, 3:32 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

I have a user that has received this error for the second day in a row. I checked the docs but they were no help at all, as all the docs say is the exact error message. The exact error is 'User {username} attempted to read items having the following type: ProjectArea.

All the user is trying to do is create a work item in a project that he is a member of. There are no teams in this project area. I'm not exactly sure how I even got him to work yesterday.  We are still using RTC 3.0.1

Comments
Parker Dunton commented Jul 03 '12, 12:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jeff, is the user able to open the project area editor and view the project? If not, what is the read access setting of the project? (If you are in the web UI, check the Access Control tab of the project area editor) Is it set to include all 'Members of the project area hierarchy'?

Jeff Foege commented Jul 09 '12, 1:36 p.m.

The user is able to log in through the web ui. The users are gettting this when trying to create a new work item. Its strange that it would say "ProjectArea". The Project was created using an unconfigured process "empty" and then I consume the ProcessConfig from another project. The access control is set for people in the project hierarchy. This is coming up more and more for users. I usually take a look at their license and settings. It eventually works for a while without me doing anything which makes this problem crazy to track down.

One answer

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Jul 09 '12, 3:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What exact version of RTC are you using? This sounds a lot like a bug we fixed in 3.0.1.1. If it is that bug, then whenever a user who does not have access to your consuming project saves your providing project, then all members of the consuming project lose access to the providing project. And I believe in this case that access to the provider is needed to create a work item.

Comments
Stephanie Bagot commented Jul 23 '12, 12:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Parker, is there an external work item for this bug?

Parker Dunton commented Jul 23 '12, 3:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Stephanie, the work item for the bug I was thinking of is https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/175305

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.