It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

FULL upgrade for 3.0.1.x demo environment to 4.0.x production question

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284270) | asked Jun 08 '12, 4:06 p.m.
Hello all,

I have an installation that is

CLM 3.0.1.x
tomcat 32-bit
Derby

The goal

CLM 4.0.x
WAS
DB2
RRDI

Is there a particular order to take? Upgrade to 4.0 first? Then do WAS, then DB2, finally RRDI? Could I do more than one task? (Upgrade while going to DB2, etc)

2 answers

permanent link
Scott Rich (57136) | answered Jun 11 '12, 5:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think there's a precise order you need to take here, but I think I would do what you described.  Upgrade to 4.0 first, verify the data there on Derby.  Then get the WAS install up and running, you can use the new WAS scripts in 4.0 to help.  Do the export/import to DB2 after WAS is happy.  And finally add RRDI to the mix.  

Change one thing at a time and don't move on until you can test and verify that step is good.

Scott

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jun 11 '12, 2:07 p.m.

Thanks Scott.

One additional question. When I install RRDI, "does it / can it" use the WAS from the earlier migration?

SFII

Scott Rich commented Jun 12 '12, 3:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sterling, I believe in 4.0 that is the case, but I have not been down that branch of the install myself.

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11723) | answered Jun 12 '12, 9:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Sterling
v4.0 only supports 64-bit OSes.  So, you would need to plan for that as the location where v4.0 code should be installed.
The easiest setup is if you can mount drives between the v3.01 system and the v4.0 system.

Next, regarding your question for RRDI.  For evaluation and trial deployments, a single server topology is OK.  However, for production environments, a two server topology is preferable.
See this topic:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/c_install_topology_overview.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.