It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CSV Import Does Not Correctly Map Status

Joshua Giangrande (2621216) | asked Jun 04 '12, 1:20 p.m.
retagged Jun 04 '12, 2:54 p.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
Hi everyone,

I am importing data from an old system to RTC. In the process I discovered that I needed to add an additional state to the Defect Workflow - Backlog. I have gone into the project management area/Defect Workflow, added Backlog as a state, as well as transitions to move work items to the backlog, and from the backlog to in process or resolved. I created a dummy work item, which started in the New state, and was able to place it in the backlog and, ultimately, resolve the work item.

I have created a custom xml mapping file to import tickets from the old system into RTC, and here is what I came up with for the status:

<!-- Maps State to Status -->
    <attribute sourceId="State" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state">
        <value sourceId="Backlog" targetId="Backlog"/>
    </attribute>

What this should do is go through my csv file, and any ticket I'm migrating with a state of "Backlog" should be imported as a work item with the status of "Backlog." This does not, however, change the state to the Backlog I created. The "State" drop down box does have the word "Backlog" written there, however clicking the drop down does not show me any of the options I created to change the state.

I exported and imported my previous testing work item (which seems to be functioning correctly) so that I could force RTC to show me an xml mapping file created from the data. Here is what it suggests:

<attribute sourceId="Status" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.state">
        <value sourceId="Backlog" targetId="Backlog"/>
    </attribute>

The only difference I see is in the attribute sourceId, which is expected, since in my previous system the field is called "State." Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
David Karam commented Jun 05 '12, 3:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Try out the following please:

1) Remove the state attribute from the csv and import. Do you get correct results? 2) Set the state attribute to something other than backlog, i.e. some old state that was there already. Do you get correct results?

If (1) and (2) check, then you might not have configured your workflow properly. A screenshot of your mentioned workflow could help us answer your question.

Joshua Giangrande commented Jun 06 '12, 12:16 p.m. | edited Jun 12 '12, 7:39 a.m.

Ok... apparently the pictures did not post, and nothing I do is getting it to post. I'll just have to describe it, I suppose. Or I could email them if given an address.
--------------------------------------------------------
States
Name: Backlog
Group: Open
Show Resolution: Unchecked
Workflow Actions: Start Working, Resolved
Transitions
To In Progress: Start Working
To New: None
To Reopened: None
To Resolved: Resolve
To Verified: None
To Backlog: <None>

To Backlog: To Backlog

To Backlog: To Backlog
Actions
Name: To Backlog
Target State: Backlog

Each section above represents changes made to the Defect Workflow (ID:  com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow) for my project, which can be found under Manage This Project Area -> Work Items -> Workflows.

David Karam commented Jun 08 '12, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please send your CSV example and screenshots to dka@zurich.ibm.com.

One answer

permanent link
Joshua Giangrande (2621216) | answered Jun 11 '12, 1:28 p.m.
This has been resolved. Had to go to the Process Configuration Source tab in the Eclipse UI to determine the internal ID of my custom status. The info I needed was located in the following area of the xml:

<workflowDefinition id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow">
</workflowDefinition>

That seems to be the only place to find the internal ID of a given status.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.