It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using Groups as Approvers

Dan Duce (2534645) | asked May 29 '12, 6:16 a.m.
We want to use a group to define reviewers who will approve an asset moving to the Approved state. There are two scenarios.

1. All people in the group must approve the asset for it to move to the Approved state.

2. At least 1 person in the group must approve the asset for it to move to the Approved state.

Setting this us works fine when using individual users, but when you use a community defined group it doesn't seem to work.

Is this functionality supported?

I'm using version 7.5.0.1.

Thanks,

2 answers

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered May 29 '12, 11:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Could you describe what is not working? Do you mean the asset is not automatically changing state?

I tested this in 7.5.0.2. My results were:

1. All people in the group must approve the asset for it to move to the Approved state.
This does not work as RAM does not support the concept of requiring all users in a group to approve the asset.

2. At least 1 person in the group must approve the asset for it to move to the Approved state.
This works for me.

permanent link
Dan Duce (2534645) | answered May 29 '12, 1:55 p.m.
Hi

Could you describe what is not working? Do you mean the asset is not automatically changing state?

I tested this in 7.5.0.2. My results were:

This does not work as RAM does not support the concept of requiring all users in a group to approve the asset.

This works for me.

Hi Sheehan,

We are seeing some strange things.

First, if I configure an asset with reviewers (groups or individuals) and make them Approvers, the asset is going directly from the Draft to the Approved state when I manually push it to Review. It is not requiring any reviewers to approve it. I thought that the default was that all Approvers must approve an asset unless you specifically configure it otherwise.?

Thanks for confirming about how Groups work as approvers. We'll have to factor that into our planning.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.