It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set up team technical review and then manager signoff

Ian Wark (79713553) | asked May 26 '12, 11:06 a.m.
This is what we hope to achieve:

We have about 80 users in about six teams. When a member of a team submits an asset, an email notification goes to a set technical reviewer in that team.

The technical reviewer approves the asset and it is then sent to the manager of the team for final approval. (Once again, it would be better not to send email to all the managers and have the appropriate manager give approval.)

After receiving approval from the technical reviewer and the manager, the asset should automatically change to approved status.

How might this be configured? (BTW We are only repository administrators, so it is hard to implement custom policies.)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered May 29 '12, 11:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is it possible for the user submitting the asset to select their technical reviewer and manager? If so, there is a built in policy named 'Modify Reviewer Policy.' The would fill in an attribute at the time of submission with their technical reviewer or manager. That reviewer or manager would then be assigned as a reviewer.
Ian Wark selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713553) | answered Jun 01 '12, 1:00 a.m.
Is it possible for the user submitting the asset to select their technical reviewer and manager? If so, there is a built in policy named 'Modify Reviewer Policy.' The would fill in an attribute at the time of submission with their technical reviewer or manager. That reviewer or manager would then be assigned as a reviewer.

That sounds like the best general approach. I think it would be OK for everyone to add their own technical reviewer and manager, as long as we make sure that at least two people end up reviewing.

Where do you add the attribute at the time of asset submission? I was not able to find this. If we have two states in our Simple lifecycle and I have added this policy to Submitted state, do I need to add the policy to the Publish transition or Revert transition?

One more thing.. we need to make sure that there are two reviewers. I notice that there is a "Modify Reviewers from a group" policy. If we add all the technical reviewers and managers to a group, would this be the better policy to apply? I get the feeling that the "Modify Reviewer Policy" will only give us a single reviewer.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.