It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Managing Test Case sections and use import utility

Chandrahasa Reddy D (5715160) | asked May 25 '12, 7:33 a.m.
Hi,
I want to create my own test case sections and import the data from excel using import utility. I just want to know how we can define the parameters in config file ? for e.g.
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=D

Here for post-condition of test case section we pass "RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE".. for our own sections that we create what will be value of this? for e.g I create "Summary of Test" what will I define for import?

please suggest :)

2 answers

permanent link
Robert Rassmann (9923) | answered May 25 '12, 2:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I want to create my own test case sections and import the data from excel using import utility. I just want to know how we can define the parameters in config file ? for e.g.
testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE")=D

Here for post-condition of test case section we pass "RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE".. for our own sections that we create what will be value of this? for e.g I create "Summary of Test" what will I define for import?

If you do a GET request with the RQM API (https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi) on a resource that has data in your new section if will get returned in the xml. You can look at that xml to determine the section id.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered May 28 '12, 10:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi @chandrahasa,
if you specify
"testcase.Section("myns:mysection","my new section name")=D

then a new section with the id "mysection" and name "my new section name" will be created

if your section is already created in RQM UI you can do as
@rrassman suggested.

Hi,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.