It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Notification for customized attributes of type contributor

Daniel Dessens (611) | asked May 24 '12, 4:54 a.m.
Hi all,

I made some customization's to a work item.
One change i made is adding an extra attribute of type "contributor".
Now we would like to see that the user, we select in this field, gets notified as soon as a work item gets submitted. Currently no mails are send to the user i select in this newly added field. Should i do anything extra to make sure RTC sends a notification to the user i select in this field?

Not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice if the user we select, automatically gets added to the subscribers, just like the creator of an work items gets added to the subscribers list.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated

Daniel

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 24 '12, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think we have such a logic built in.

One option you have is to create a follow up action that works on the new attribute. https://jazz.net/library/article/634 (referenced in the overview https://jazz.net/library/article/784 ) shows how to create follow up actions. I believe it is possible to access the mail notification service. Another option is probably extend the notification handler.

Other than that, there is an IBM team that creates custom extensions for customers and provides them with support for a license fee. They have created enhancements to e-mail notification.

permanent link
Daniel Dessens (611) | answered May 24 '12, 6:51 a.m.
Thanks for your reply..

Do you know the people within IBM that created such enhancement?
As i'm an IBMer too, i would be able to contact them..

Thanks,
Daniel

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 24 '12, 6:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I dropped you a mail with the contact.

permanent link
Veronica Alvarado (116) | answered Jan 24 '18, 12:38 p.m.

Hi guys!!

I have the same question that @ Daniel Dessens .
I would like to send notifications to user that is selected in a contributor customized attribute.

Can you help me with this question, please?

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.