It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Email consolidation/digest option

Vivek Iyer (15212527) | asked May 23 '12, 2:56 p.m.
One of the behaviors of the RTC Email Service which could be improved is how it handles multiple work item changes within 2 email "send events".

E.g., consider a work item 1234. After RTC's last email poll/send event, this work item has 4 different comments added to it by different users. At the next email send event, the RTC email service sends out 4 separate emails for each of those edits.

It would be good if there is an option to allow consolidation of that information into a single email. It would also make it easier to understand by looking at a single email to find the chronological listing of changes.

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 24 '12, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you want to suggest enhancements for RTC, please don't hesitate to create a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284270) | answered May 24 '12, 10:53 a.m.
If you want to suggest enhancements for RTC, please don't hesitate to create a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

Ralph,

I wish that link you just posted was back on the Project pages. I do not like the way they forced the "Submit a bug or request" link for those who are just want to query.

SFII

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 24 '12, 11:17 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sterling,

just press cancel (from the defect) and you are there. I basically bookmarked it in my browser, because I did not want to search it every time.

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered May 24 '12, 1:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It seems there is already an enhancement for this scenario, you are welcome to add any comments into it.

Also, another option would be to use the RSS feeds, which provides such digests on work items.

--
Gabriel Enriquez, IBM Rational, Tracking & Planning

One of the behaviors of the RTC Email Service which could be improved is how it handles multiple work item changes within 2 email "send events".

E.g., consider a work item 1234. After RTC's last email poll/send event, this work item has 4 different comments added to it by different users. At the next email send event, the RTC email service sends out 4 separate emails for each of those edits.

It would be good if there is an option to allow consolidation of that information into a single email. It would also make it easier to understand by looking at a single email to find the chronological listing of changes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.