It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Asset TAG Deletion Problem when it has / (slash)

iRAM Administrator (3152156135) | asked May 21 '12, 5:37 a.m.
Tag name with / (slash) addition is permitted in iRAM.
Example: test\(parens\)

Asset search using the tag name is also working fine

Example: ramSearch:(1fTag%2ctest\(parens\))

But, Delete this tag from Asset is NOT working.
After click , page gets loaded and it shows same tag name again.

How to delete this type of Tag from iRAM WEB-UI.

Thank you
Baki
iRAM Central Support Team
bakiyaraj.arul@in.ibm.com

6 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 21 '12, 10:05 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I just tried it and it worked.

Please note the '\' (slash) is not part of the tag. They are just escape characters to allow you to have parens. So the only place you would put the slash is in a search. They should not be showing up anywhere else, including the list of tags for the asset.

Does the list of tags for the asset include the '\'? If it does then something is wrong. If it doesn't then they are listed correctly.

Let's try this to verify if the problem is with the tag or is with the browser or asset. Go to the asset that has the tag on it and add another tag, one that has no special characters. Then try to delete that new tag. If the new tag get's deleted then there is something wrong with the special tag. If the new tag is not deleted then there is something with the browser or asset.

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
Kevin Ford (4623) | answered May 21 '12, 5:35 p.m.
Hi,

I just tried it and it worked.

Please note the '\' (slash) is not part of the tag. They are just escape characters to allow you to have parens. So the only place you would put the slash is in a search. They should not be showing up anywhere else, including the list of tags for the asset.

Does the list of tags for the asset include the '\'? If it does then something is wrong. If it doesn't then they are listed correctly.

Let's try this to verify if the problem is with the tag or is with the browser or asset. Go to the asset that has the tag on it and add another tag, one that has no special characters. Then try to delete that new tag. If the new tag get's deleted then there is something wrong with the special tag. If the new tag is not deleted then there is something with the browser or asset.

Thanks,
Rich

Rich, I was the originator of this issue. I created the tag using the slash and the browser displays it in the tag box, including the slash. I see the for deletion but nothing occurs when I click it. OTHER tags with no slash can be created and deleted without problems. If you want any more specific details, like browser source of JS output, let me know.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 22 '12, 11:55 a.m.
Hi,

This is 7.5.0.2 right?

Contact your iRAM administrator and ask how to get access to the asset by bypassing the Web/Proxy Server. See if it is a Web server problem.

I can't reproduce it. I've looked through the code and any errors would of produced an error screen.

The only way it wouldn't produce an error is that the tag doesn't exist. But if it went down it should of come back. What was shown here as an example was just some ASCII characters and ()'s. Where there any other characters in there that are not standard and maybe some national language other than English?

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
Kevin Ford (4623) | answered May 22 '12, 12:07 p.m.
Yes, I verified the version

IBM Rational Asset Manager
V7.5.0.2 Build: RAM7502-I20110308_1504

Just so we're on the same page, here is a picture of the tag, as I see it in iRAM. and I entered it exactly as you see it.

Hi,

This is 7.5.0.2 right?

Contact your iRAM administrator and ask how to get access to the asset by bypassing the Web/Proxy Server. See if it is a Web server problem.

I can't reproduce it. I've looked through the code and any errors would of produced an error screen.

The only way it wouldn't produce an error is that the tag doesn't exist. But if it went down it should of come back. What was shown here as an example was just some ASCII characters and ()'s. Where there any other characters in there that are not standard and maybe some national language other than English?

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 22 '12, 4:24 p.m.
Hi,

OK, now we're cooking. I was able to reproduce this. I didn't think you actually typed the slashes in the tag itself. That just confused me because they aren't needed. It works fine without them.

It is a bug in 7502. There currently isn't a way to get rid of it. 7.5.1 has a fix for it. iRAM is actively working on getting 7.5.1.1 installed so it shouldn't be long.

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
Kevin Ford (4623) | answered May 24 '12, 1:29 p.m.
Thanks Rich,

I will look for the fix later and delete my test tag. I was just playing around with it because I had a user telling me they couldn't delete a tag with a special character.

Hi,

OK, now we're cooking. I was able to reproduce this. I didn't think you actually typed the slashes in the tag itself. That just confused me because they aren't needed. It works fine without them.

It is a bug in 7502. There currently isn't a way to get rid of it. 7.5.1 has a fix for it. iRAM is actively working on getting 7.5.1.1 installed so it shouldn't be long.

Thanks,
Rich

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.