It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Showing history (eclipse) for more than a month ago

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked May 16 '12, 12:07 p.m.
I just had someone ask me how to view the history past one month in the eclipse client. When I went to the stream > component and selected 'Show history' I expected to see 'show more' on the bottom. However its only showing the history of the component for the past month with no option to show more history. I checked the preferences and there isn't anything there.

The only solution I offered was to go to the project area through the web ui. Click on 'source control' > stream > Component > history tab and then keep hitting 'Older' a bunch to get past the 1 month limitation in the eclipse client.

3 answers

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered May 16 '12, 12:28 p.m.
I did find the entries to show in the menu of the history window. Why should I have to adjust this setting if I wanted to show more history?? There should be 'show more' like there is for baselines. Viewing/researching history in RTC is very difficult. IMO, some of the pain of researching history would go away if there was a away to see the history of a folder.

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered May 16 '12, 1:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I just had someone ask me how to view the history past one month in the eclipse client. When I went to the stream > component and selected 'Show history' I expected to see 'show more' on the bottom. However its only showing the history of the component for the past month with no option to show more history. I checked the preferences and there isn't anything there.

The only solution I offered was to go to the project area through the web ui. Click on 'source control' > stream > Component > history tab and then keep hitting 'Older' a bunch to get past the 1 month limitation in the eclipse client.

This isn't something that is currently supported. There's a work item to track the enhancement: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/125411

The view does have the option of changing the max number of history entries to show. It looks like you've found this and is the only way for now to display more history.

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered May 16 '12, 4:12 p.m.
This isn't something that is currently supported. There's a work item to track the enhancement: https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/125411

The view does have the option of changing the max number of history entries to show. It looks like you've found this and is the only way for now to display more history.

Thanks Tim. Since the work item is backlogged and created on Aug 2010 (almost 2 years ago), I won't expect it to appear anytime soon.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.