It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Preventing changes from a particular stream

VK L (8177154159) | asked May 08 '12, 10:14 a.m.
Hi All,
I need to write a code to prevent "Accept" action (deliver) for changes from a particular stream. The scenario is like this:
I have 2 streams s1 and s2. s2 is the flow-target for s1. In order to make the flow uni-directional, i need to prevent the changes from s2 being accepted into s1.
How can we retrieve the stream name where a particular change is coming from? and can this code be written on the custom deliver follow-up action to do this prevention?

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered May 11 '12, 6:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,
I need to write a code to prevent "Accept" action (deliver) for changes from a particular stream. The scenario is like this:
I have 2 streams s1 and s2. s2 is the flow-target for s1. In order to make the flow uni-directional, i need to prevent the changes from s2 being accepted into s1.
How can we retrieve the stream name where a particular change is coming from? and can this code be written on the custom deliver follow-up action to do this prevention?

Thanks.

Changes in RTC never flow between streams. Instead, they are accepted and delivered to/from workspaces. This means there's no way to talk about changes flowing between s1 and s2 in your example.

The best you can do is put controls on who can deliver changes to s1 and s2.

- Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.