It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Repotools failing on export of Derby database

Barry Rougeau (111) | asked May 02 '12, 6:19 p.m.
I am trying to migrate a small RTC installation that uses the Derby database to begin using a new Oracle database.

I am running RTC 3.0.1 on Windows Server 2008 SP2. After I've stopped RTC by going into Services and telling the "Apache Tomcat tomcat5" service to stop, I open up a command prompt and do:

C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server>repotools-jts.bat -export toFile=JTSData.tar
Repo Tools
Provisioning using "C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\provision_profiles".
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 3.0.1 (RJF-I20110602-0017)

CRJAZ1363I Loading the configuration from "file:conf/jts/teamserver.properties".

CRJAZ1779I This server is configured as a JTS.
CRJAZ1971I The server is configured with:
Public URI: "https://<private>.com:9443/jts"
CRJAZ1365I The server is attempting to connect to the following database: "conf/
jts/derby/repositoryDB"
CRJAZ1364I The connection to the following database was successful:
Db Product Name: Apache Derby
Db Product Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208)
Db URL: jdbc:derby:conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB;create=true
Jdbc Driver Name: Apache Derby Embedded JDBC Driver
Jdbc Driver Version: 10.5.3.2 - (1073208)
CRJAZ8192I: Fulltext Index Location: C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\jts\indic
es\workitemindex\fulltext_index
CRJAZ8190I: The fulltext index should point to an absolute directory but is curr
ently set to 'conf/jts/indices/workitemindex'
CRJAZ1770E The configured database lock id does not match the lock id in the dat
abase. This can happen if 2 applications or Jazz Team Servers are trying to acce
ss the same set of tables, or if the lock id was overwritten or lost in the team
server.properties configuration file. Check the server configuration and the da
tabase connection spec and ensure they are correct. To recover from an emergenc
y lockout, the lock can be reset using the 'repotools -resetRepoLockId' command.
Check the log file for information on the affected database.
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.reposito
ry.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseStateService"
CRJAZ1141I Cannot get the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.
IDatabaseStateService".
CRJAZ1203I Could not determine the database location.
CRJAZ1306I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.IDatabaseSt
ateService" is not available.
CRJAZ1204I The database "conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB" does not exist, the databa
se tables have not been created, or the database user does not have the required
privileges to access the database.

It almost sounds like Derby hasn't been stopped. So my question is what is the correct way to stop RTC entirely (Tomcat/CCM Application/Derby/etc) in Windows 2008 SP2?

If I'm already performing this correctly are there any other ideas what the issue could be?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered May 03 '12, 2:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Barry,

if the Tomcat server is shut down and all processes are gone, Derby is shut down too.

This message:

CRJAZ1770E The configured database lock id does not match the lock id in the dat
abase. This can happen if 2 applications or Jazz Team Servers are trying to acce
ss the same set of tables, or if the lock id was overwritten or lost in the team
server.properties configuration file. Check the server configuration and the da
tabase connection spec and ensure they are correct. To recover from an emergenc
y lockout, the lock can be reset using the 'repotools -resetRepoLockId' command.
Check the log file for information on the affected database.
CRJAZ1093I The following service class was not activated: "com.ibm.team.reposito
ry.service.internal.rdb.DatabaseStateService"

indicates a potential problem. I am only confused why it comes up during the export. The background of this message is that, to avoid accidental access from two applications to the same DB a lock ID is used. If the lock ID of the database is different to the lock ID stored in the teamserver.properties, this error comes up. You can fix this following the instruction in the error message. Before you do that, check the teamserver.properties for JTS and make sure the DB connection is correct. In addition check the other teamserver.properties of the other applications to make sure they point to different, valid databases.

make sure not to confuse the data warehouse connection infos withe the infos the application uses.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.