It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Advanced search by Attribute does not works

Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | asked May 02 '12, 1:23 p.m.
Hi all,

I'm doing a search using the advanced tab by attribute name and value but a weird behavior is going on.

If I use an attribute eg. "Criado por" and a text value like "L299" the search is correctly made. Using an attribute "Tamanho do Servio (PF)" and a numeric value "6" nothing is returned, but I could confirm which an asset with this pair of attribute name and value exists.

Any help about what can be going on?

4 answers

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered May 03 '12, 11:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

1) What is the version of RAM? For future info, please always include the version of RAM. 7.5, 7.5.0.2, etc. This is important because each version, even down to fix, can be very different.

2) Since this isn't English, I can't tell for sure but are there any UTF kind of characters (I don't know what PF is, if that is just my screen showing it wrong or just exactly PF)?

Thanks,
Rich

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered May 03 '12, 12:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The problem is being caused by the parenthesis in the attribute name. Try the following search
attribute:('Tamanho do Servio PF'='6')
and it should return the asset you are looking for. Let me know if this works and please open a defect for this issue.

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered May 07 '12, 5:40 p.m.
Thanks for all responses until now.

In fact the search criteria isn't english. The attribute has been named with special characters like and ()/[]{}. The PF is a a abreviation to Point Function (analysis), the name of attribute is exactly Tamanho do Servio (PF), using parentesis and special characters.

Looking on help, its necessary to scape this chars, but how exactly?

1. attribute:('Tamanho do Servio \(PF\)'='6')
2. attribute:('Tamanho do Servio \\(PF\\)'='6')
3. And the char (html => ç) how to scape?

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered May 08 '12, 1:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's not possible to escape the characters. Instead you just have to remove them.
attribute:('Tamanho do Servio PF'='6')

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.