It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I prevent certain files from being auto merged?

David Dulling (13731212) | asked Apr 24 '12, 11:33 a.m.
Hi, all

I have tried to find previous topics on this question and also other published articles and I'm afraid I've drawn a blank.

I have a scenario where I want to somehow mark a file, by name or maybe by particular file suffix, as never to be merged.

The file would probably be a text file by default (XML or even standard text) but if this file was ever in a merging scenario I want the user to be given the choice to accept incoming as a total replacement or to choose to keep his local copy instead. I guess this is the behavior I would expect for a true binary file

I've tried to make a change to the file types within the Eclipse client to specify application/unknown as a MIME type and Binary(None) for line types but a merge was initiated on accepting conflicting versions into my workspace

Is this possible?

Thanks

David

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 27 '12, 5:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
David,

making them binary would have been the approach I would have taken too. If that does not work, I am not sure there is a way. You can lock a file to indicate other users that it is edited.

permanent link
David Dulling (13731212) | answered Apr 30 '12, 11:27 a.m.
Hi. Thanks for your response

Yes I guess I could give that a try. I'm disappointed there doesn't seem to be a better way though...

David

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 30 '12, 2:58 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please articulate your need and file an enhancement request!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.