It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC - Formal Process - Planning

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284273) | asked Apr 17 '12, 10:10 a.m.
JazzAdmin with Dev/PM/RE roles.
Imported a MP xml file and have these errors:

"The work item is planned but has no estimate specified"
--Can't edit planned or estimate dates for this Milestone type, so why the error message? What do they expect me to do? I have Tasks and Milestones with this error. Can't edit any dates, so...

"The work item is planned to be completed on 8/10/12, while the iteration ends on 8/10/12"
--...meaning?

"Time was entered for the successor work item before the predecessor work item was complete"
--it's a red X, so should we make sure the predecessor is closed out?

Can I get some assistance?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 17 '12, 11:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

--Can't edit planned or estimate dates for this Milestone type, so why the error message? What do they expect me to do? I have Tasks and Milestones with this error. Can't edit any dates, so...

"The work item is planned to be completed on 8/10/12, while the iteration ends on 8/10/12"
--...meaning?

"Time was entered for the successor work item before the predecessor work item was complete"
--it's a red X, so should we make sure the predecessor is closed out?

Can I get some assistance?

Hi, have you looked into

https://jazz.net/library/article/657
https://jazz.net/library/article/663
https://jazz.net/library/article/761

?

The first message I think says you have not set planning start/end dates. does the warning disappear when you create a proposed or planned snapshot? Just a guess.

The second message could be because the time set for the iteration seems to be 12 o clock and you might have some overlap. I would not be concerned, but feel free to create a work item.

The last one I would think is because the traditional scheduler assumes you can not start the successor, unless the predecessor is closed. By defining the dependency you say they have to be done in that order. If they have no dependencies, you should remove the relationship. that will also potentially have influence on the critical path and the scheduling.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284273) | answered Apr 17 '12, 5:30 p.m.
R, thanks for responding

I just imported, there were start and finish dates and duration times. So it imported, states everything started today (did another import) and now...

Take one milestone for instance. In MP, it starts 7/10/12 and ends 08/4/12.
After import, the milestone states 4/17/12-08/4/12.

That's only with importing milestones. The tasks seem fine and the start dates where brought over. I don't seem to see this in 4.0Beta. I am on 3.0.1....
Was this fixed in any of the 3.0.1.x releases?

Just starting off plainly in RTC, how do you assign a milestone to task to start may 8th? I just am not seeing the edit options...

SFII

The first message I think says you have not set planning start/end dates. does the warning disappear when you create a proposed or planned snapshot? Just a guess.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.