It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updating microsoft project import dates-help needed ASAP!

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k9284269) | asked Apr 16 '12, 2:28 p.m.
Hello all.

I have a microsoft project plan xml that has dates that start on 4/10. I imported the plan on 4/16. Everything in the Gantt shows starting on 4/16. How do I edit this back to 4/16.

I followed the Help - flash movie and made the summary task = project change request and the task=task.

Or is this all based on the snapshots?

thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Qaiser Islam (31297074) | answered Apr 16 '12, 3:30 p.m.
Hello all.

I have a microsoft project plan xml that has dates that start on 4/10. I imported the plan on 4/16. Everything in the Gantt shows starting on 4/16. How do I edit this back to 4/16.

I followed the Help - flash movie and made the summary task = project change request and the task=task.

thanks.

we faced similar type of issue in recent past. importing project plan as it is really pain in RTC. i would suggest remove the past tasks from the plan and re-import it..

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k9284269) | answered Apr 17 '12, 9:45 a.m.
hmm...

What that's interesting to learn. (sad)

Hello all.

thanks.

we faced similar type of issue in recent past. importing project plan as it is really pain in RTC. i would suggest remove the past tasks from the plan and re-import it.. :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.