It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import from CSV to a Custom Work Item?

il tt (4154) | asked Apr 10 '12, 11:36 a.m.
Hi,

How does the work item Type have to be specified ?

I have created a custom Work Item but when I tried Import values from a csv, They are imported in the Defect work item type.

Could Someone help me with that?

Regards,
Elisa.

4 answers

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered Apr 11 '12, 1:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Are you trying to import into the same Project Area (which contains the custom Work Item Type)? or to another Project Area which does not have the custom Work Item Type?

Thanks,
Gabriel
Jazz Developer

Hi,

How does the work item Type have to be specified ?

I have created a custom Work Item but when I tried Import values from a csv, They are imported in the Defect work item type.

Could Someone help me with that?

Regards,
Elisa.

permanent link
il tt (4154) | answered Apr 11 '12, 4:34 a.m.
Hi Gabriel,

Into the same Project Area.

Thanks,
Elisa.

permanent link
Gabriel Enriquez (3463) | answered Apr 11 '12, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gabriel,

Into the same Project Area.

Thanks,
Elisa.

Well, that discarded the possibility of importing a non-existent Work Item Type.

Would you mind to share some extra context on your scenario, with possibly some sample data (e.g., 1 or 2 rows of the imported data, its column headers, any errors from the client while importing and the existent Work Item Type where it's intended to be exported to).

Thank you
Gabriel

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Apr 12 '12, 1:06 p.m.
There's two parts - your csv and the mapping xml. In your csv ensure you have a column that contains the work item type and give it a header of "Type". In your mapping xml, add an attribute snippet like this:
<attribute sourceId="Type" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.workitemtype">
<value sourceId="/value in the csv Type column/" targetId="/id you gave the custom workitem when it was created/"/>
</attribute>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.