It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permissions needed to add Featured Content

Janette Wong (711311) | asked Mar 23 '12, 1:37 p.m.
Hi,

What permission(s) on an asset type does a user need in order to add Featured Content to an asset?

This is my scenario:

I have a user who created an asset of asset type A (and therefore is the owner of that asset and can update the asset). The user also uploaded an attachment to the asset, but the user canNOT see the 'Add Section' drop down and therefore canNOT add Featured Content.

I have the SAME user who created an asset of asset type B. The user also created an asset (of type B) and uploaded an attachment with it. The user in this case CAN see the Add Section drop down and add Featured Content.

It is the SAME user, SAME community in both cases, but different assets (and asset types).

I looked and looked and the InfoCenter of RAM 7.5.1 does not give much information on Featured Content. I cannot find anywhere that talks about specific permissions needed in order to add featured content.

Appreciate any hints/tips. Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Mar 26 '12, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The 'Add Section' drop down should be available to any user who can update the asset. However, if the featured content section is already present on the general details page, the 'Add Section' drop down may not be displayed and you just click the pencil icon in the featured content header to add additional featured content.

The other case I can think of is if in your community the 'Update assets' permission has been removed from the 'Asset owner' role and a second role that allows the user to update assets has been created and scoped to type B it could result in the scenario you are seeing.

In what version of RAM are you seeing this issue?

permanent link
Janette Wong (711311) | answered Mar 26 '12, 2:19 p.m.
The 'Add Section' drop down should be available to any user who can update the asset. However, if the featured content section is already present on the general details page, the 'Add Section' drop down may not be displayed and you just click the pencil icon in the featured content header to add additional featured content.

The other case I can think of is if in your community the 'Update assets' permission has been removed from the 'Asset owner' role and a second role that allows the user to update assets has been created and scoped to type B it could result in the scenario you are seeing.

In what version of RAM are you seeing this issue?

I am using 7.5.1 of RAM.

I checked and it is not either one of the two cases you described above. (1) The featured content section is not already present. (2) The 'Update assets' permission has not been removed from the Asset Owner role.

I still don't know what's wrong. Thanks though, for your help.

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Mar 26 '12, 5:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are the assets in Type A and Type B entering two different lifecycles or review processes? If you're using a legacy review process and have a pending asset the section is not available. You will know that is the case if this message is displayed. 'Some actions are not available because changes to this asset have been submitted and are waiting for completion.'

Also, when the user is viewing the Type A asset do they see the modify asset icon in the upper right corner of the page?

permanent link
Janette Wong (711311) | answered Mar 27 '12, 12:35 p.m.
Are the assets in Type A and Type B entering two different lifecycles or review processes? If you're using a legacy review process and have a pending asset the section is not available. You will know that is the case if this message is displayed. 'Some actions are not available because changes to this asset have been submitted and are waiting for completion.'

Also, when the user is viewing the Type A asset do they see the modify asset icon in the upper right corner of the page?

Hi,

Yes, the assets in Type A and Type B have two different lifecycles.
I'm not sure if I'm using a legacy review process, and I don't think my asset (of Type A) is a pending asset (pending approval).
I don't see the message 'Some actions are not available because...'

When viewing the Type A asset, the modify icon is there.

thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.