It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

error occurred while processing build results 4 build email

Thomas Rutledge (3167) | asked Mar 09 '12, 10:11 a.m.
build happening every hour or so, but no notifications going out

error in the log file is:

"error occurred while processing build results for build email notifications"

with no other details

any ideas or suggestions what may be causing this?

(as far as I can tell, the build notifications settings are all correct, but willing to take suggestions on confirming this.

Thanks for any help.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Mar 09 '12, 12:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
error in the log file is:
"error occurred while processing build results for build email notifications"

I did a quick string search for this String in the code and found "An error occurred while processing build results for build email notifications: {0} ({1})"

Can you provide the {0}? (assuming this is the same one)

As a note to myself, it appears to be coming from BuildNotifier.enclosedCheckBuildResult() and the method that it calls called checkBuildResult() is either throwing an javax.mail.MessagingException
or ITeamRepositoryException (although unfortunately I can't tell which exception is thrown, or why). I'll do more digging later to see likely causes.

Have you ever been able to send build email notifications in that Jazz repository. (for other build definitions for example?)

Can you verify that the work item based email notifications are being sent out and working correctly?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.