It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Please Help - Global Requirement Linking Issue

Jorgefelix Siverio (7621414) | asked Mar 08 '12, 11:11 a.m.
We are using CLM 3.0.1.1

We are experiencing this issue in both our production and development environments.

This is the procedure we are following (simplified of course):
1. Create requirement in RRC
2. Create test case
3. Click Requirement Links
4. Link the created requirement.

This is when we encounter the following issue.

When opening the test case and clicking requirement links the actual requirements first shows the URL to the "resource" in the Summary column. Then it shows the name of the requirement. The real issue is that when we Print Artifact Summary the PDF also just shows this link instead of the requirement name.

It happens sometimes and sometimes it doesn't! We have a contractual deliverable coming up and we really need help on this issue.

We have already put in a call with IBM but I also hope the community can shed some light on this for us. Any insight we can get at this point is vital.

Thanks so much!

2 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Mar 09 '12, 7:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried with In progress release 3013 build and it seems it first shows name and within micro seconds it changes it to id:<name> where id is the unique number of requirement.
Could you provide snapshot at your ends.
Does PDF print also prints resources some time.
I did pdf print and it shows name (linked to requirement)

permanent link
Jorgefelix Siverio (7621414) | answered Mar 13 '12, 10:36 a.m.
I tried with In progress release 3013 build and it seems it first shows name and within micro seconds it changes it to id:<name> where id is the unique number of requirement.
Could you provide snapshot at your ends.
Does PDF print also prints resources some time.
I did pdf print and it shows name (linked to requirement)

Thanks for the response. We actually discovered that the root cause of the issue was that the links were established in using the Google Chrome browser.

In order to fix this issue, we had to uninstall Google Chrome from the machine log into Jazz from IE 8 and relink the requirements to the test cases.

You MUST uninstall Chrome in order for the re-linking to fix the issue in this case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.