It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Google Talk IM Issue

Carson Holmes (11113544) | asked Dec 15 '11, 3:13 p.m.
Is there a way to use corporate Google Talk IM with RTC?

I get the following response when trying to connect: "Could not receive any response of the specified collaboration server. Contact the server administrator or try again later." "Reason: Could not receive any response from the specified Jabber server. Please try again later."

It's not a Jabber server I'm after, I selected Google Talk. Perhaps the issue has to do with trust/security between RTC server and talk.google.com?

One answer

permanent link
Allan Tate (61) | answered Jul 31 '12, 1:47 p.m.
I also cannot get the corporate Google Talk IM working (personal works fine).  Here are details:

My personal google account works in RTC:

Inline image 1

I can set up the Google Talk Client on mylaptop and it works with my corporate account:

Inline image 2

I have both my personal & corporate Google Talk Clients configured in RTC:

Inline image 3

I can connect to the Forrester account from RTC, but I always show up "offline".

I've tried the obvious diagnostic steps like removing my personal account so there is only one Talk client, but the results are always the same:  personal account works fine, corporate account does not.

Any suggestions?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.