It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

where is my sandbox?

Ulrich Eckhardt (23612223) | asked Oct 13 '11, 5:41 a.m.
Simple question: I have loaded a component. Now, how do I find out where I loaded that component, i.e. which local folder did I specify during load?

The info must be there because it is used to update and accept, but I haven't found a good way to get at it yet. The only way I have found is when you have a change in the pending changes, you select "Open Local File" from the context menu. If you then hover over the tab containing the editor, you get the path as a tooltip.

Thank you!

Uli

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Oct 13 '11, 7:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Ulrich,

the Eclipse client does not have a menu item to show the currently loaded sandbox path - at least I am not aware of one or dd not find any. The Visual Studio client does. there are some enhancement request around this for example https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=106037 and you might want to add your use case.

You can find out where your files are loaded by looking at the properties of the file in the Navigator or Package explorer view.

You can see which Sandboxes you have in general by opening Window>Preferences>Team>Jazz Source Control>Sandboxes

permanent link
Yaron Norani (47267065) | answered Dec 21 '11, 8:55 a.m.
An alternate way to know where is my sandbox is by clicking the drop down to refresh the "pending changes". You will see there the location of the sandbox.

Hope it helps,

Yaron

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.