It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue during RAM Setup

Ved Prakash (41129) | asked Oct 09 '11, 2:20 a.m.
Hello,

I am running RAM setup for this new installation

RAM Version 7.5.0.2
AIX 6.1
WAS .0.0.13
DB2 9.7.0.4

and am stuck at

Part 4: Configure Lifecycle management settings

I entered the JAZZ administrator credentials in

Step 2:Rational Team Concert - User Management

when I click on Configure, I get this error -

The login was successful, but the user say xxxxxx.ca.ibm.com is not a member of JazzAdmins role and is not authorized to perform any actions. You may need to complete the Users and Authentication step, if you have done so already check jazz.log for details.

I did Users and Authentication step several times and I also verified in the WAS console (under security role to group mapping) and the user xxxxxxx@ca.ibm.com is member of Jazzadmins group.

I have deployed many RAMs but seeing this for the first time.

Did any one had the similar experience.

Any idea how this can be fixed.

Thanks,
Ved.

4 answers

permanent link
Ved Prakash (41129) | answered Oct 10 '11, 2:20 a.m.
Hello,

I am running RAM setup for this new installation

RAM Version 7.5.0.2
AIX 6.1
WAS .0.0.13
DB2 9.7.0.4

and am stuck at

Part 4: Configure Lifecycle management settings

I entered the JAZZ administrator credentials in

Step 2:Rational Team Concert - User Management

when I click on Configure, I get this error -

The login was successful, but the user say xxxxxx.ca.ibm.com is not a member of JazzAdmins role and is not authorized to perform any actions. You may need to complete the Users and Authentication step, if you have done so already check jazz.log for details.

I did Users and Authentication step several times and I also verified in the WAS console (under security role to group mapping) and the user xxxxxxx@ca.ibm.com is member of Jazzadmins group.

I have deployed many RAMs but seeing this for the first time.

Did any one had the similar experience.

Any idea how this can be fixed.

Thanks,
Ved.

Addittional information -

The RTC is internal here meaning it was successfully deployed during RAM setup.

Also, the userid xxxxxx.ca.ibm.com is a valid user id in blue pages and also primary admin id in WAS. This id is also used to login to the WAS console and RAM setup. Log in is not a problem.

permanent link
Ved Prakash (41129) | answered Oct 31 '11, 2:37 p.m.
Hi,

We are having a issue in one of our RAM instances.

RAM V7.1.1 - iFix 1
WAS 6.1.0.29
AIX 5.3

Every now and then we see only a fraction of assets. The repository has over 17000 assets but today RAM was showing only 190 assets. Every time we do the reindexing and the issue is resolved for few days. I do not see any thing reported in the logs that the reindexing failed.

Does any one has a resolution for this?

Thanks.

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Nov 01 '11, 11:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

We are having a issue in one of our RAM instances.

RAM V7.1.1 - iFix 1
WAS 6.1.0.29
AIX 5.3

Every now and then we see only a fraction of assets. The repository has over 17000 assets but today RAM was showing only 190 assets. Every time we do the reindexing and the issue is resolved for few days. I do not see any thing reported in the logs that the reindexing failed.

Does any one has a resolution for this?

Thanks.

Please post this in a new topic, anyone looking at the history thinks this is associated with server setup and install but its not.

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Nov 10 '11, 11:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
1. Is this a single server environment or a cluster
2. What other applications are installed on the server (the list of applications is available from the admin console)
do you have RTC 3.0 on the same server
3. RAM installs an internal RTC 2.0 server / or can work with an external RTC 2.0 server.
RAM asks you the question on the first page of setup, do you want to install or use existing.
What did you choose
4. You have entered a URL https://servername:8443/jts neither the internal RTC or an external RTC of version 2.0 has a URL like that, they are usually
https://servername:8443/jazz .

RAM 7.5.1 needs a RTC 2.0 server (either installed by us or your own )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.