It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which version of RSA is compatibled witt RTC 3.01

Lars Ipsen (61) | asked Aug 03 '11, 10:52 a.m.
Hi
I've tried to update my RTC client to R3.01. I use the Client for Eclipse IDE. The RTC client shall be included in my RSA package, and I'm running RSA 7.5.5 fixpac2. But I got an error, that tells me the RTC client not is compatibel with RSA7.5.5.

Does anyone know which version of RSA that can be used (I don't have the option to update to RSA R8)

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Lars,

you need RSA based on Eclipse 3.5/3.6. I am not sure there is any 7.x compatible with it. I believe you need 8.x.

permanent link
Lars Ipsen (61) | answered Aug 04 '11, 2:45 a.m.
Thx for your answer. In that case I'll install the RTC client in a separate Eclipse package. It is not a huge issue, because for the moment we only use RTC as a planning tool. Later this year we will look into the source controls and the build capabilities in RTC, and then we need to consider to upgrade our RSA clients.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 04 '11, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thx for your answer. In that case I'll install the RTC client in a separate Eclipse package. It is not a huge issue, because for the moment we only use RTC as a planning tool. Later this year we will look into the source controls and the build capabilities in RTC, and then we need to consider to upgrade our RSA clients.

Hi Lars,

you can also use RTC for source control of RSA if installed in a parallel package. We have discussed this topic in this forum. Basically you version in RTC and import the projects (without copy) into RSA. You have to refresh in RTC to pick up changes done in RSA.

For planning you don't even need to use the Eclipse Client, you could use the web UI.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.