It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restricting a state transition to a role?

Evan Leonard (4667) | asked Aug 02 '11, 12:46 p.m.
Hello all,

Is it possible to configure RTC to restrict permissions on a state transition to a single role?

For example, I only want my Product Owner role to be able to go from "In Progress" to "Done", skipping the "Implemented" state.

Thanks in advance,
Evan

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 03 '11, 6:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello all,

Is it possible to configure RTC to restrict permissions on a state transition to a single role?

For example, I only want my Product Owner role to be able to go from "In Progress" to "Done", skipping the "Implemented" state.

Thanks in advance,
Evan

Can you try if Process configuration>Team configuration>Permissions>Trigger a workflow Action is what you want? The naming is for 3.x. Not sure it is the same in other versions.

permanent link
Evan Leonard (4667) | answered Aug 03 '11, 11:49 a.m.

Can you try if Process configuration>Team configuration>Permissions>Trigger a workflow Action is what you want? The naming is for 3.x. Not sure it is the same in other versions.

Hmm. I don't see this option there. We're currently on 3.0. Was this introduced later?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hmm. I don't see this option there. We're currently on 3.0. Was this introduced later?

Hi Evan, i am pretty confident we had it in 3.0 as well, maybe a different name, probably not. I used the Eclipse client and open the process customization there - right-click on the project.

Look into the Team Configuration permissions, not into the Project configuration. And browse around in Save Work Item on the Server. I can't stanrt a 3.0 instance right now, my machine is too busy.

permanent link
Evan Leonard (4667) | answered Aug 03 '11, 12:43 p.m.

Hi Evan, i am pretty confident we had it in 3.0 as well, maybe a different name, probably not. I used the Eclipse client and open the process customization there - right-click on the project.

Look into the Team Configuration permissions, not into the Project configuration. And browse around in Save Work Item on the Server. I can't stanrt a 3.0 instance right now, my machine is too busy.

Ah found it. I didn't think to look inside of "Save Work Item". Yes I believe this is what I need. Thank you!

Evan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.