It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Out of Memory errors in RTC V3 in z/OS platform

Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | asked Jul 20 '11, 4:29 p.m.
Hi, Now I have almost everything working on RTC V301 at z/OS . Still having some problems now, I have Out of Memory messages and Head dumps caused by this problem I guess. Is thre anything I can do to fix this? The Java on z/OS is 31 bits V6, and according to some guidance I am using xmx1200m at RTC startup Job. I tried to increase this value but looks like this is the limit as the BLZSRVD job does not start (unable to get this much memory ). The JOB is running with REGION=0M .
any Thoughts?

2 answers

permanent link
Bruce Green (30124) | answered Jul 21 '11, 4:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Jorge - is there a reason not to use a 64 bit JVM? I think you'll be happier if you can.

Are you trying to run all of the CLM 3.0.1 apps? Can you try tweaking the JVM down further? Say 1024M or even down as low as 900 M? I assume this environment is only for demo or learning purposes?

Feel free to open a work item (preferably) or send me a log if you continue to have problems.

Thanks
Bruce

permanent link
Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | answered Jul 21 '11, 5:11 p.m.
Hey Bruce,
This worked FINE !!!
I downsized the xmx parameter ( I was using 1200m ) to 1000m and this fixed all the Out of memory problems.
I thougth I should increase , but it is the opposite..
Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.