It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Trial license enabling

Oleksandr Darchuk (311) | asked Jul 01 '11, 5:24 a.m.
Hello.
I'm trying to install RAM 7.5.0.2 for evaluation. According to download page installation includes 60 days trial license which is fine for me.
There are no any hints how to enable (use) this license during installation. The only hint I found here, mentione that License server should be empty to enable trial license: https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10358&highlight=trial

But the problem is that configuration manager does not allow me to left license server field emty. I've got error "CRRAM2006E - The license is invalid. For more information, see the Rational Asset Manager help system" and can not proceed with installation

Could somebody provide any instructions/hints how to install RAM with trial license?
Thanks in advance.

15 answers

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Jul 06 '11, 10:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
if there was a valid trial license when the system first ran then there will be a "restore trial license" button/link directly below the license input box.

permanent link
Oleksandr Darchuk (311) | answered Jul 07 '11, 4:20 a.m.
I've entered 27000@localhost and completed configuration.
Now after configuration and reboot I see license serverr error in RAM configuration page:
Rational License Server error: (null) and (All license files searched for features: No license path available. License has not been initialized.)
But there is no any links to restore trial license.
I've used install media donwloaded from Jazz. Can not understand why license is not avaliable :(

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Jul 07 '11, 3:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only thing we can think of is somehow the database scripts have not been executed correctly.

What we can suggest is to
stop application server.
drop the tables and views from the Asset database (Leave lifecycle database as is)
and Go through server setup and run the wizard again (This should run populate database) all the way to the end.

Let us know if you still see the trial problem

permanent link
Oleksandr Darchuk (311) | answered Jul 08 '11, 4:41 a.m.
Hello.
Problem is fixed. It was my mistake during re-creation of DB schema. I used new installation but DB scripts used for schema creation were downloaded from other builds and I forget to renew these.
Now I re-created DB objects as you suggested and using scripts provided on RAM configuration page. Everything went smoothly, trial license is avaliable now.
Thank you vary much for kind and valuable support.

permanent link
Rich Kulp (3.6k38) | answered Jul 08 '11, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 7/8/2011 4:53 AM, old wrote:
Hello.
Problem is fixed. It was my mistake during re-creation of DB schema. I
used new installation but DB scripts used for schema creation were
downloaded from other builds and I forget to renew these.

Now that makes sense of everything. The trial licenses are build
specific, if loaded into another build then the license will not work.

--
Rich Kulp
Rational Asset Manager developer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.