It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Loading Test Plan, Test Cases & Test Scripts in one load

tina fusari (3643) | asked Jun 09 '11, 3:01 p.m.
Has anyone created a .cfg file to load the Test Plan, Test Cases & Test Scripts in one load into RQM? I am able to load all three artifacts in one script but my Test Cases won't link back to the Test Plan. The Test Scripts and Test Cases link back to each other properly but I can't get the Test Cases to link back to the Test Plan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
T.

8 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 10 '11, 3:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Has anyone created a .cfg file to load the Test Plan, Test Cases & Test Scripts in one load into RQM? I am able to load all three artifacts in one script but my Test Cases won't link back to the Test Plan. The Test Scripts and Test Cases link back to each other properly but I can't get the Test Cases to link back to the Test Plan.

Thanks,
T.

Yes, there is a sample (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Document_Configuration):

TestPlan with TestCases 001.cfg
TestPlan with TestCases 001.xls

permanent link
tina fusari (3643) | answered Jun 14 '11, 1:15 a.m.
The TestPlan with TestCases 001.cfg that came with our samples does not show a link from Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scripts. It only shows a link to Test Plans to Test Cases. Is there an updated TestCases 001.cfg file that you can send me that links all 3 artifacts?

Also, what if I wanted to upload Test Cases & Test Scripts and link them to an existing Test Plan that already resides in RQM, would that be possible?

Thanks,
T.

Yes, there is a sample (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Document_Configuration):

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jun 14 '11, 6:32 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The TestPlan with TestCases 001.cfg that came with our samples does not show a link from Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scripts. It only shows a link to Test Plans to Test Cases. Is there an updated TestCases 001.cfg file that you can send me that links all 3 artifacts?

Also, what if I wanted to upload Test Cases & Test Scripts and link them to an existing Test Plan that already resides in RQM, would that be possible?

You mentioned in your original post that you have the test cases --> test scripts links working so this sample provides the missing test plan --> test case links. Combine both configuration files to arrive at the solution.

Yes, you can specify the external ID (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Types_of_IDs_in_RQM) of a resource using the XLSArtifactID keyword (note, Excel only). For more information, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#XLSArtifactID.

Thanks,
T.

permanent link
tina fusari (3643) | answered Jun 14 '11, 8:14 a.m.
I originally combined both sample config files to import all 3 artifacts, Test Plan, Test Cases, & Test Scripts. All three loaded in RQM but they did not all link together. Only the Test Cases & Test Scripts linked together. This is when I came here for help. Do you have a sample script that does work in linking all 3 artifacts together? Or should I be posting my config file here for everyone to see to assist me?

I have over 1000 artifacts that need to be imported so I really need to have a config file that works in linking all 3 artifacts.

permanent link
bren buenaventura (1) | answered Oct 22 '12, 7:01 a.m.
Hi Tina,

Any luck? Did you figured this one out? I would love to find out the solution for this one too.

Thanks,
B

permanent link
Stefan Schmelz (5711821) | answered May 29 '14, 5:55 a.m.
Well this may come a little late for your problem at that time... but this seems only to work with newer versions.... Here is an example with TP-TC-TS and TC-Req

testplan.dc:title=H3
testplan.XLSLink=testcase
testplan.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"

testcase.XLSStartRow=3
testscript.dc:title=O &"-" & P
testcase.dc:title=testscript.dc:title
testcase.dc:description=Q
testcase.requirement=Link(I)
testcase.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
testcase.XLSDelimeter=\n

testscript.XLSStartRow=3
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
testscript.steps.description=AB
testscript.steps.expectedResult=AD
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

requirement.XLSStartRow=3
requirement.XLSArtifactID=I
requirement.dc:title=J
requirement.dc:description=J
requirement.XLSWorksheetID="Sheet1"
requirement.resourceShape="Requirement"
requirement.XLSDelimeter=\n

permanent link
tina fusari (3643) | answered May 29 '14, 7:42 a.m.

Thank you Stefan!  Could you send me your sample Excel spreadsheet so I could see how your data laid out in the spreadsheet.  I would love to try out this solution.

Thanks,

Tina

permanent link
Stefan Schmelz (5711821) | answered May 29 '14, 10:31 a.m.
Actually I did not find a way to send a mail... ,-)
But you can copy from this hopefully. The first line is the Column to match the cfg example:

H I J O P Q AB AD
TP Req Name TC-ID Name Decription Teststep Description Expected Result
TP Name ID1-A_4528 Req 1 ID1-A_4528_TF_1 TF 1 Description TF 1 Step 1 Step 1 valid

Step 2 Step 2 valid

ID1-A_4530 Req 2 ID1-A_4530_TF_2 TF 2 Description TF 2 Step 1 Step 1 valid

Step 2 Step 2 valid

ID1-A_4529 Req 3 ID1-A_4529_TF_1 TF 3 Description TF 3 Step 1 Step 1 valid

ID1-A_4533 Req 4 ID1-A_4533_TF_1 TF 4 Description TF 4 Step 1 Step 1 valid

Step 2 Step 2 valid

Step 3 Step 2 valid

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.