It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Engine related

Manik K (10133) | asked Jun 09 '11, 2:51 p.m.
Apologize for a stupid question, but from the error message that I get while trying to setup a build engine, I am guessing that I need a developer's license?

I could not find any clear answer anywhere, so if anyone can clarify that would be great. Also do I setup beuild eengine in RTC for Eclipse, RTC or VB addin or in RQM?

My setup is, RQM 2..0.1.1 iFix003 Standard, RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix6. License: QM, Floating QM and Viewer.

Thanks,
-Manik

3 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 09 '11, 3:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Apologize for a stupid question, but from the error message that I get while trying to setup a build engine, I am guessing that I need a developer's license?

I could not find any clear answer anywhere, so if anyone can clarify that would be great. Also do I setup beuild eengine in RTC for Eclipse, RTC or VB addin or in RQM?

My setup is, RQM 2..0.1.1 iFix003 Standard, RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix6. License: QM, Floating QM and Viewer.

Thanks,
-Manik

Hi,

Without seeing the error you're getting, I'm not exactly sure what the problem might be. You do at least need a Developer license. If you have access to create other types of objects in the system, it could be that you just don't have the necessary permissions. This topic has some posts about build permissions.

Brent Ulbricht
Developer/Lead - RTC Build

permanent link
Manik K (10133) | answered Jun 10 '11, 1:55 p.m.
Hi,

Without seeing the error you're getting, I'm not exactly sure what the problem might be. You do at least need a Developer license. If you have access to create other types of objects in the system, it could be that you just don't have the necessary permissions. This topic has some posts about build permissions.

Brent Ulbricht

What I need to figure out first and foremost is that why I don't see Builds, Plans and Source Control under Team Artifacts in RTC. I only have Reports and Work Items. However, for the RTC add-ons for Visual Studio, I have all 5 modules.

I know they need to be configured to use, but should they not show up under Team Artifacts to start with?

What do I need to do for their availability in RTC?

Thanks.

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Jun 10 '11, 3:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Brent Ulbricht

What I need to figure out first and foremost is that why I don't see Builds, Plans and Source Control under Team Artifacts in RTC. I only have Reports and Work Items. However, for the RTC add-ons for Visual Studio, I have all 5 modules.

I know they need to be configured to use, but should they not show up under Team Artifacts to start with?

What do I need to do for their availability in RTC?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm wondering if you have a Stakeholder license. This article contains information about the various licenses and what they allow you to do. If you could check which license you have, that would be good too. If you're in the Eclipse client, if you go to Team Artifacts -> Repository Connections -> and press right click and 'Properties'. Then choose 'Client Access Licenses' and you can see which licenses you've been assigned.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.