It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Making attributes read-only

Steven Melcher (6012832) | asked May 18 '11, 11:15 a.m.
In RTC 2.0, is it possible to make a work item's attribute read only to specific user roles and editable by other users?

I did see that an attribute can be made read only in the presentation editor via the properties of the presentation, but it does not appear to be configurable to specific user roles.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered May 19 '11, 7:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

that was certainly not possible based on roles in 2.x. I think it is also unfortunately not yet supported in 3.x.

Thanks,

Ralph

In RTC 2.0, is it possible to make a work item's attribute read only to specific user roles and editable by other users?

I did see that an attribute can be made read only in the presentation editor via the properties of the presentation, but it does not appear to be configurable to specific user roles.

permanent link
Shivank Arya (19141) | answered May 23 '11, 6:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

It is not possible in RTC 2.0.

In RTC 3.0, we can assign permissions to different roles for modifying different attributes of a work item. This can be done in Permissions section of a project area. Look for "Modify the work item" permitted action there.

Thanks,
Shivank
-Jazz Development Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.