It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during Rename in Repository ...

Jeff Cates (1611) | asked Apr 08 '11, 12:48 p.m.
I was using Rename in Repository to get my (migrated) project names to match the component names that we desire. This worked for 5 of the 6 projects. But during one, I received and error. It now looks like this project is disassociated from the stream.

One of the the team advisor messages suggested a fresh Load to the component. This fails with a message about

"Folder NEWNAME cannot be loaded into sandbox WORKSPACE because it overlaps with OLDNAME which comes from the same server workspace and is loaded in the chosen sandbox."

I need help.

5 answers

permanent link
Andrew Freed (21311214) | answered Apr 09 '11, 3:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I wonder if you accidentally clicked the option immediately above or below "Rename in Repository" which would be "Move in Repository" or "Delete in Repository".

It might narrow down the problem to do a Show Files command (on the context menu) first against the Stream, then against your Repository Workspace, then just look at the plain old Navigator and see what projects are really located where.

I am not sure if "Reverse" applies to this kind of rename operation but you could look at "How do I remove a change set from a stream?" question on
http://jazz.net/library/article/126

You can always Reload your repository workspace but be warned that will wipe out local changes. (Hopefully your change is just a rename). Instead of rename in repository you could rename in your Eclipse workspace and just checkin/deliver as a standard change set.

If the client won't let you fix things up you may need to submit a bug

permanent link
Jeff Cates (1611) | answered Apr 11 '11, 12:56 p.m.
Both the stream and my local repository seem to be loaded with the expected content.

Something is definitely wrong though. If I change a file in one of the healthy projects, it shows up as a Pending Change ->. If I change a file in the broken project, it does not show up.

permanent link
Jeff Cates (1611) | answered Apr 11 '11, 1:00 p.m.
One other thing. If I look at the file space in my local workspace, both the NEWNAME directory and the OLDNAME directory are present. This is only true for the broken project. The other projects show their new names.

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Apr 12 '11, 9:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It sounds like the rename may have happened on the server but didn't happen locally. What you could do is start the Eclipse client on a fresh workspace and load everything there. If that works as expected, you could try deleting the NEWNAME and OLDNAME folders from your old workspace and try the load there (or, of you are concerned about losing data, you could just move the folders to another location)

permanent link
Jeff Cates (1611) | answered Apr 12 '11, 11:42 a.m.
Yes, creating a new workspace and loading it worked as expected. At this point, I will just delete the original workspace with broken project.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.