It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Difficulty creating a new user id field (Requestor/Sponsor)

Ann Marie Fred (1111) | asked Mar 31 '11, 11:29 a.m.
Hi, I'm kind of new to customizing RTC v3, so please bear with me!

I tried to add a new field to my work item called "Requestor/Sponsor".

This should be the user name of someone. They don't necessarily have to be on the team. Ideally I could select a user name if they're in the LDAP directory or type one in otherwise, but I'll take what I can get.

I added a new custom attribute:
Name: Requestor or Sponsor
ID: requestor
Type: Contributor
<None> for the next 4 values
Read-only is unchecked
No Dependencies

I copied the Details tab to unlink it and make changes. I added a new Attribute-based Presentation:
Attribute: Requestor or Sponsor
Kind: Contributor
Lots of blanks
Read Only: False
Show Label: Depending on Section Context
Lots of blanks

But when I save this and create a new work item, I see the new field as a non-editable -1 value, like this:
Requestor or Sponsor: -1

Any ideas on what I did wrong?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ann Marie Fred (1111) | answered Mar 31 '11, 12:12 p.m.
I think I answered my own question. The Eclipse editor keeps switching back to the default presentation and the Defect work item type, so half of the changes I made went into the Defect work item type and half of them went into my new work item type. When I made sure that all of the pieces were in the right places, the field showed up properly.

That's kind of annoying, by the way - why can't it stay on the Work Item Type and Editor Presentation I was editing, instead of switching back to the first one in the list every time I navigate to another node in the Configuration tree?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.