It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stream permission error

Eike Meyer (612211) | asked Mar 16 '11, 6:08 a.m.
Hi,

I am encountering a problem with the permissions in RTC 3.0:
I wanted to grant the customized role 'team member' permission to save and modify files in a component on our default stream. I first set the following option (which if I remember correctly worked fine in RTC 2.x):
in the Project area - Process Configuration - Team Configuration - Permissions:
Source Control - Deliver (server) - Modify - Stream - Deliver - Deliver change sets

This didn't help so I played around with the Source Control - Save Stream - Modify options. Now the team member can perform the mentioned action, but ONLY if ALL options in the Modify tree are set. If I remove efen the delete stream permission, it doesn't work any more.

One more addition: if the team member uses the eclipse client, modifying files works fine even without any save stream (server) permissions.

How can I only grant users the permission to add/modify/delete files in the web interface?

Comments
Kevin Lou commented Jan 15 '13, 8:41 a.m.

I am experiencing the exactly same problem - I have to enable ALL options in the Modify tree so that the user can modify files in the WebUI. I don't like to do that since this opens the doors to the developers that they can even delete the stream from the repository. I think this is a bug in RTC. Is there any workaround for fix this? I am using RTC 3.0.1. 

4 answers

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Mar 17 '11, 6:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Deliver permission and Save Stream permission should be two separated
permission. Deliver permission should be enough if you just only want to
allow team member to deliver changesets to a stream.

permanent link
Soomi Mun (1) | answered Aug 14 '12, 4:43 p.m.
Hi,
I have the same issue.
Eike, have you resolve this issue? If so how?

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jan 15 '13, 4:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't see this issue anymore with the 4.x stream. I disabled all permissions under Save Stream except for the ability to acquire, release, and transfer locks. That's the only permission required since web users need to acquire a lock on the file before editing.

permanent link
Sonia Dimitrov (27159) | answered Jan 15 '13, 6:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm finding the same as Tim with a server running 3.0.1.3.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.